Scantronic 9751: "Rst Code"/"Can't reset&quot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a house with a Scantronic 9751 which, as is it turned out, had a dodgy sensor. I've replaced the sensor but in the mean time opened the control box (and so triggered the tamper switch).

The yellow triangle on the control is now lit (as you'd expect). I type in the code, it shows "1 Problem(s)", click tick, and then get "Lid Tamper" as "Inactive". When I click tick again I get "Rst Code 0458".

Whatever I do I can't get the yellow triangle to go off, and I can't set the alarm. Sometimes I get a "Can't reset" message. The lid tamper is "inactive" so it shouldn't be that still?

The spanner light is NOT lit, so sounds like I don't need an Installer?

Any advice anyone? I've been through the manual about 20 times, pressing everything I can see!

Cheers,
Justin

PS. If I do a walk-through test, the new sensor triggers (as do all of the others) so it appears to be working ok...

Sponsored Links
Your panel is asking for a remote reset. By default these panels are on engineer reset on end station tamper, but the installer has obviously selected the remote reset on tamper as well.

You'll need to contact the original installer, as you might still have a service contract or monitoring, otherwise get a local NSI or SSAIB firm to come and sort it out. Either that or a new panel :)

Agreed, the installer has put all tampers on engineer reset.

Thanks Josh & Alarm, that's really helpful. Well it's definitely not hooked up to any phone line so I guess a remote reset is out of the question!

Sadly it's not under contract. I did call the installers for a quote to replace the sensor in the first place. But even though they installed it they wanted £80 for a "site survey" of the house (since we're new owners) before they'd even think about quoting/doing the job. Might be a false economy, but sounded like bandits to me!

Thanks again - I'll get someone (else) in.

Sponsored Links
A google can find details you may need.

Like a manual.

As I work with /for/in conjunction with the makers I cannot direct you to those links.

Thanks again. I've got it sorted now.

I knew the User-1 code but since I didn't know the Installer Code (the default 7890 didn't work) I had to reset everything to default values.

I had a google around and found three manuals: The "User Guide", "Installation Guide" and the "Programming Guide".

Here's what I did (see pg 3 onwards of the Programming Guide, "Restoring Default Access Codes")

1) Removed the cover from the Control Unit. This triggered the tamper alarm which I stopped by entering the user code.
2) Pulled the fuse from the mains supply (using the handy built-in plastic holder). Before anyone complains I did this in full knowledge of the risk of mains electricity. Don't do this yourself. Get a professional. Etc.
3) Disconnected the battery connectors.
4) Used a couple of jumpers from an old hard drive to connect the "NVM" pins and "Kick Start" pins. (You find the location of these on pg 12, fig 3 of the Installation Guide).
5) Reconnected the battery. (I might have had to enter the 1234 pin at this point to stop the alarm?)
6) Removed the jumpers connecting the NVM and Kick Start Pins.
7) Put the mains fuse back in.
8) Replaced the cover on the control unit.

I now entered the default Installer Code 7890. This got me to the Installer Menu. Type 99 tick, then wait..., then tick. I had to do this twice, but then all the warnings cleared and it was back to normal.

Also had to reset the clock: enter Installer Mode (7890), then 51 tick.

Finally reset the User 1 code to something different from the 1234 default (see the user guide for this, or enter pin 1234 , 4 tick).

On the up side the unit didn't forget all the settings for the different zones (i.e. Normal Alarm, Entry Route, etc) or the names of the zones and users, so that saved a lot of messing.

Thanks again for your help.

Justin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back