Scantronic Battery Lost life ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Have used the plumbing section before but thought I would post a question for you guys.

We have a Scantronic 9448 alarm. The last couple of times we have had a power cut, which seems to be ever increasing, the alarm sounds, although not fully and the system goes into 'Tamper Mode'. Someone mentioned that it could be because the battery has lost life. I have no idea how old the system is but believe it to be about 12 yrs. I don't know if the battery has ever been replaced.

Does this sound feasible that the battery could need replacing. If so are they readily available and is it something I can change or am I entering a whole nightmare by messing with the system

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
batterys are readily available from Maplin. Not sure on the changing process though, someone will be along soon to advise!

It is normally reccomended to replace standby batteries every 5 years so if the battery is 12 years old, I think it's safe to say you've had your moneys worth!

To replace the battery you need to remove the screws which hold the panel lid in place. This will set off the tamper alarm which can be silenced by putting in your user code.

You will see the battery sat in the bottom of the panel, with a red and black wire coming from it. You need to remove the wires by gently pulling the connectors of the battery tags.

Take the battery along to your local branch of maplin electronics or any electrical wholesaler, and get a replacement.

To fit it carry out the reverse of the above.

it will either be a 2.1 or 2.8 ah battery.

RF is right about battery life, but that is only true if its a Yuasa battery, if its powersonic average life is 3 years

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. Successfully changed battery at weekend. Hopefully now neighbours will have quiet night should we get another power cut

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back