Screw Head for Bosch Integrated Fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post, and am baffled by the screw heads that are on my Bosch integrated fridge.

They have a star shaped, six pointed head driver which is definitely not philips or pozi and do not seem to fit my hexagonal alen keys.

I am sure for someone this is a pretty easy question, but do not know what tool i need to fit these screw heads.

Can anyone assist ?

Sponsored Links
They are "Torx" head probably size T10 or T15, you can buy sets of hex inset bits with torx heads from most tool shops or screwfix.

Jason

Sounds like torx screws - widely used in automotive industry under the pretext of allowing smaller screws to transfer more fixing pressure by allowing more torque to be applied to the screw head than a similar sized socket head (Allen) or cross head (Phillips, pozi etc) - In reality the heads usually get ruined by people trying to undo them with a phillips screwdriver or an allen key.

You can get driver bits or keys from any car accessory shop but if you need to tighten and undo these screws frequently get a good quality driver or change the screws to socket head.

Sometimes, just to make life more interesting, aren't these the ones that can also come with a small metal post right in the centre so that even when you do buy what you think is the right tool it still won't fit?

I just break the post off - job done. Yeeee Haaaa!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back