Screwfix Bath mixer taps - low pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, nice weather at last eh!!

Just bought one of these from Screwfix 66228 SINGLE LEVER BATH/SHOWER MIXER .

Fitted it to my new shower bath. Supplied off the 15mm feed to the cistern, basin shower cube and now bath.

The flow to the basin and shower is great, however the flow to the bath is somewhat weak (compare 70yr old father-in-law having tinkle to get an idea!)

It’s not the isolator's they are fine, and point the right way! ;) (and have been used on the shower, cistern and sink to no detrimental effect) so it must be the taps.

I read that new taps have restrictors included to stop fast filling etc. can these be removed? It took a good 15 mins to fill the bath last night, by which time the water was going cold.

Supply is from a mains fed multi-point (gas)
1st floor, good mains pressure.
15mm feed into 3/4BSP John Guest connectors.

Any help/advice gladly received.

Cheers Guys

Sponsored Links
Can you not change the taps without flow restrictors ? or test it with another taps to see if you're getting the pressure or could be the bath taps are 22mm and losing pressure there.

YOU NEED TO FIND OUT YOUR FLOW RATE MORE THAN PRESSURE WHUCH WILL BE RESTRICTED AT YOUR WATER HEATER, 9LT PER MIN AT A BASIN TAP WILL LOOK MUCH FASTER THAN A 3/4in BATH TAP, MEASURE HOW MUCH WATER YOU GET AFTER ONE MIN AT EACH TAP. :) [/i]

Sponsored Links
DEPENDS ON YOUR MULTIPOINT AND ITS SIZE ie KW

ref the flow, your right, there's more coming form the bath than the sink, and when the taps are on hot &full the water runs cold. Time for a new multipoint. know any cheap sellers anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back