SD1+ Setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Resolved the other problem. Now i am in the process of setting up my SD1+ Speech Dialler. I have connected the power to it and recorded a message and tested that it can dial and send the message which has worked ok.

Im not 100% sure how to connect it to my Nexus 8 alarm pannel ?

On the SD1+ I have TRIGA, TRIGB and TRIGC where do i connect these to on tha Nexus 8 panel ?

Is it that you can store 4 numbers with 3 different messages somehow ? For test purposes i have made all my 3 messages the same.

Sponsored Links
trig a b c etc when triggered determine which message to send (says that in the instructions funnily enough)

the easiest way is to connect which ever trigger to the bell trigger

Drat you Breezer..... I had the SD1 to TS400 diagram on the desk when I read the OP ( must clear the rubish u[p sometime this year, haven't seen the top of thedesk since 1900 ) but didn't want my tea to get cold......

You are of course right.

This shows trigger C to Alarm, Trigger B Zone 5 Panic Alarm and Trigger A to Zone 4 Fire.

that assumes your panel has dedicated outputs, not all panels do.

Sponsored Links
The SD1 can be connected to one side of the zone loop as it detects the open zone loop in the same way as the TS400 does.

So it can be wire to a system that does not have dedicated output provided the open loop detect circuit is compatible.

not a lot of use if said loop opens and closes all day, i.e front door, pir in hall

Hi, thanks for the reply to be honest i didnt understand the manual.

There is no dedicated point to connect this to on my panel (that i am aware of). I dont understand, do i need just TRIGA connecting from the dialer to pannel or all 3 ? as all i want it to do is dial if the alarm is activated in anyway from any zone. Where would i connect this to if there isnt a dedicated point on the panel, does it go in with the connection for the bell box ? I can get a pic of it if required.

Zone 1 = Front Door Sensor
Zone 2,3,4 = PIR's

As there is only 1 way in the house (for me not the burglar!) Zone 1 is the Entry/Exit point, so i have 15 secs to turn the alarm off or on here.

Thanks

make the time longer, and as i said connect the speach diller trigger to the bell trigger

i am concerned that you have installed an alarm but can not understand the instructions for the SD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back