SDS Drill - which one for me?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I want to pick your brains about buying a good SDS Drill for everyday use. Makita and DeWalt seem to be popular - is there any difference (aside from the colour!?) :confused:

I have found some I've used quite tiring on the old arms when chasing for light switches and have seen a sort of 'mini' SDS, which looked smaller and lighter. I assume though that this means it will have less power - so might not be much use in the end?Can you get through concrete OK?

Also what would be a sufficient range of drill and chisel bits to buy, it seems that the choice is endless?

Hope you can help and by the way the bit about the colour was a joke!! :p

SB

Sponsored Links
Bosch seem to go on a longer time than DeWalt. My local hire and tool repair shop has stopped using Dewalt drills, the say the quallity is plummeting. They like Bosch and Makita.
Ihave the Bosch Multidrill £300 ish. If I lost it I'd buy another straight away. It isn't as powerful as same priced Makita say, though. Not impressive on thick concrete. You can get something similar for £30 though.
For light stuff you can get rotation stop sds for about £100, Handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back