Sealing around a Bath

stl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to reseal between the tiles and the top of the bath. However, when the old sealant is cleaned off there is quite a deep gap to be sealed (tiles are quite thick). Gap thickness varies but could be about up to 8mm. Most sealants suggest that the product would not work on gaps larger than about 6mm x 6mm.

Has any one any ideas for sealing bigger gaps and ensuring the sealant does not crack or come away from the surfaces etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Reseal with the bath full of water and don't empty until sealant goes off i.e. the gaps at their largest so the sealant never gets stressed.

Clean thoroughly with meths. Use good quality sealant. A quadrant, as used by double glaziers, say 15mm on the side, makes a neat line without loads of silicone showing.

i would also stick masking tape on the tiles and bath, then peel away before it goes off and you get a nice straight edge.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
A quadrant, as used by double glaziers, say 15mm on the side, makes a neat line without loads of silicone showing.

I would second this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back