sealing travertine tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never tiled before so please bare with me.I have some travertine tiles to put up in the bathroom,not too many,but i've noticed on the forum something about sealing them before and after laying them.Can someone please tell me what i am supposed to seal them with and why.Many Thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
You need to get a sealer from a tile shop or somewhere similar. They need sealing because the tiles are quite absorbant and stain very easily. The sealent acts as a barrier and stops water, grease or any other liquid penetrating and staining the tiles.

Lay the tiles out on a board and put 2 coats of sealer on them (test an area of one tile to make sure that when the sealer is dry the tile returns to its normal colour). Once fitted and grouted i'd seal them one more time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back