Second lamp from lamp with PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got into bother replacing a broken lamp with PIR.

I have 1 cable with 4 wires (red, blue, yellow and earth) feeding the primary lamp with PIR. Within the lamp there is a 3 place terminal block to connect these wires to. From the terminal block there is a brown and blue to the PIR switch. From the PIR switch there is a red to the bulb holder. From the bulb holder there is a blue back to the terminal block, connecting to the blue going into the PIR switch.

Connecting the cable to the terminal block (live, earth.common) leaving the yellow unconnected makes the primary lamp work. I cannot work out how to connect the yellow to get the secondary lamp to work using the PIR. If I connect the yellow to the blue from the bulb holder both lamps are dim.

Help! :confused:

Sponsored Links
The yellow needs to go to the red form the pir, but my query is will the pir support a 2nd lamp? if it could there would be a terminal for it

Thanks Breezer

Perhaps it can't support another lamp. Certainly it would not be easy to connect to the red from the PIR.

Perhaps I need to buy another. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back