Secure wood to a tiled floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how I could secure a length of wood to a tiled floor.
Th gaps between the tiles are small but even when trying to put a nail into this it bends. Any ideas would be grateful.
Thanks. :cry:

Sponsored Links
You could drill into the grout/cement and use a rawlplug and screw to secure the wood or what about using "No More Nails" or similar to glue it down - obviously clean the area thoroughly and check the pack for suitability. What exactly are you trying to secure?

T&G natural wooden flooring. However it is moving about a bit too much and due to the wood being beveled or not totally flat in places it is proving difficult to lay.
If I was to drill into the tiles what kind of drill bit would I need to use :confused:

Sponsored Links
ordainary masony bit will go through tiles. if you drill throught the wood first (wood bit) the wood will act as a guide and keep the masonary bit stable so it wont slip.

If however you wnt to drill directly through a tile you need to push the drill (nost turned on) and twist the chuck back and forth a couple of times to get it started

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back