Securespark?

B

Big_Spark

Simon....do you still use the company email address..sent you a couple of emails but not sure if your getting them?

I'm still using the old stalwart of *************** , I also have messenger and ICQ in place..

Shout..

email address removed these can be shown in your profile

Sponsored Links
Why the Eff has my email address been removed!! If I choose to put it on a forum that is MY choice, not your to make for me.

This moving of posts is BULL, I put this on the CORRECT forum.

MOD

see this

Mod, if someone puts their email in a post, why is it more of a problem than if they give access to the same information in their profile?

MOD

ask admin oilman

they make the rules not the mods ;)

Mod, why do you feel the need to post anonymously inside our own posts?

This is the only forum on the web were the mods don't have the gumption to post as they are.

I'm sorry to say that this holier than thou attitude does not endear you to your posters, it is cowardice. How do we as users of these forums know that You are not the admin and one of the most common posters on the board. How do we know that you are not abusing your powers on the board so that you can get a kick out the power being a Mod or Admin gives you? Unless you give up this childish anonyminity you will never earn any respect from the forum users.

Regarding my post which you moved, who the hell are you to know what forum I feel is most appropriate for that post? I put the post in the forum I KNOW FOR A FACT that securespark normally posts in and is therefore most likely to read.

Let me ask you a question, if you write a letter to someone or send them an email..do you send it to a different one in the hope that the person will still get it.

Sponsored Links
Moderator said:
email address removed these can be shown in your profile

well make it easier to get to peoples profile

FWL_Engineer said:
Why the Eff has my email address been removed!! If I choose to put it on a forum that is MY choice, not your to make for me.

This moving of posts is BULL, I put this on the CORRECT forum.

Since you have "been away" new rules have been "enforced"

Your post has not been removed, merely moved and a "shadow" left where you originally placed it, since it was in the wrong forum.

It is your opinion that moving of posts is as you put it "BULL" everyone is entitled to an opinion. I understand why you put it there, but it was in the wrong forum.

Posting inside others posts, this way it indicates to whom we are refereing.

Quite often posts are moved, because they are posted in the wrong forum, also posts that advertise are also removed, without mods this forum would soon become anarchy.

No one asks you to post, you do it because you want to help others with your vast knowledge, if you do not like the rules you do not have to post.

As moderators we are only abiding by our given guidelines. It is the same in your job, except you abide by "the regs"

moderator said:
Your post has not been removed, merely moved and a "shadow" left where you originally placed it, since it was in the wrong forum.
he posted where securespark is more likely to read it, therefore it was in the right place

moderator said:
Posting inside others posts, this way it indicates to whom we are refereing.

please use the quote feature. or give us all priviledges to reply to someone in their post.

moderator said:
As moderators we are only abiding by our given guidelines. It is the same in your job, except you abide by "the regs"

Actually I abide by common sense, decency, respect for others (although I have been known to get this wrong :D), experience and knowledge.

The Regs are a paltry tail to this as a guide.

The problem with the "shadow" is that it quickly falls down the ranks of posts, cannot be bumped to ensure it is seen. Simon does not post every day so it could easily get lost.

I see you made no comment about the identity of yourself and the admin...have something to hide do you?

i understand and agree with your point about the "shadow" But you could always search for the profile of the person you wish to contact and if they wish you to contact them, they will make their contact details available, as i have done which is why i never passed previous comment

FWL. I have Simons E mail address do you want me to ask him to get in touch with you?

moderator said:
i understand and agree with your point about the "shadow" But you could always search for the profile of the person you wish to contact and if they wish you to contact them, they will make their contact details available, as i have done which is why i never passed previous comment

could we not have it so that if you click the name next to their post it goes to their profile, instead of havin to **** about searching for it?

So you reckon I should post under this id rather than as moderator? Anarchy has its limits, mightn't this get rather confusing? Rather like the pope making ex-cathedra statements, or not.

Damocles said:
So you reckon I should post under this id rather than as moderator? Anarchy has its limits, mightn't this get rather confusing? Rather like the pope making ex-cathedra statements, or not.

Damocles, I would respect your comments more as this ID rather than an anonymous ID. Why can't your ID simply say Moderator under your sign in name as it does on other forums?

I think you will find a positive attitude change toward you as a moderator and to the actual post.

david and julie said:
FWL. I have Simons E mail address do you want me to ask him to get in touch with you?

I have Simon's email address, but I am not dure it is working as I have emailed him several times and heard nothing, despite someone we both know saying he wants to talk!

Certainly got me confused.

What are the limits on anarchy?

The pope isn't making statements on anything at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Back