Securing Willow against Panelled Fencing with Concrete Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you can imagine a panelled fence (the type with wooden panels that slot into concrete posts) around 40 foot long and 5 foot high. I wish to fix willow all the way along one side of the fence but it will be around a foot taller than the panelled fence itself. Given that we have had some bad winters of late and I only have one side of the concrete posts to work with I wish to secure it very firmly the posts. Could anyone suggest the best way to do this please. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
run a batten near the top and one near the bottom horizontally on each panel. You can then secure it to the battens. if you want a really firm fixing you can use screws with a reasonable sized washer that will clamp the willow to the panel, and tack it with staples in between. If youre worried about the height trim it down.

Sponsored Links
Might sound a silly question but how would you secure the batons to the concrete posts. I am asking because I was told not to screw anything into them because they have a tendency to crumble or break. If this is not true could you tell me what you would use, and where can I get them please Thermo.

secure the battens to the fence panels. There should be enough batten around the edges to secure it to

ok I understand but last question if thats ok thermo.
Is stapling it to the vertical batons already on the panels a bad idea, if so why

no you can do it like that, but if you put the battens behind it keeps it straighter and stops the screening sagging and wobbling in between

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back