self leveling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating a 6th floor council flat. The darned thing has cement floors.

The floor is actually 4 inches lower where the walls are. In some of these gaps, there are conduit pipes, etc. I don't want to fill these sections with self-leveling compound.

What's the best way to make sure self-leveling compound doesn't leak through these gaps and fill these rather large spaces?

Not sure if this makes any sense.

Sponsored Links
if youre looking to fill all 4 inches with self levelling compound i think you will find the product is not designed for that depth. To keep it away from the pipes etc you can use battens to make a formwork around the areas you need kept clear

Thermo said:
if youre looking to fill all 4 inches with self levelling compound i think you will find the product is not designed for that depth. To keep it away from the pipes etc you can use battens to make a formwork around the areas you need kept clear

Re-reading my statement, I can see it is confusing. I found it difficult to explain.

Okay...

I've removed all the tiles on my floor in my hallway.

One of the walls in the hallway has a fusebox on it. The plasterboard for this wall has been removed because it was damaged.

Once removed, I can see the floor level drops about 4-6 inches lower where the conduits go into the concrete.

I want to pour self-levelling compound on the floor but am afraid it will all just run along the floor and leak into these areas where the electrical conduits are.

What's the best way to prevent the compound from leaking into this gap?

Hope that makes it a bit more clear.

Sponsored Links
put some battens along wherever you dont want it to go. you can then take them up afterwards

jgreer said:
I want to pour self-levelling compound on the floor but am afraid it will all just run along the floor and leak into these areas where the electrical conduits are.
The floor self-levelling compound won't be that running so it wouldn't go that far unless you're trying to bring the level a lot higher in which the level compond won't be suitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back