selling a second hand car privately

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
someone phoned up to buy my car and i arranged to meet him with the car in a supermarket car park in the dark at 8pm at night and he bought it there and then after only starting the engine. He signed a receipt which sais he was buying it sold as seen at time of purchase but two days later he phones up to say he is not happy and wants his money back as he has discovered work that needs doing he bought the car for £50 less than i wanted which was still way below the reccommended price . I say he should have checked the car over in the light as buying a car in 5 minutes is taking a gamble as most sellers are not mechanics and dont know things that might be or could go wrong with the car , it had 10 months mot and 5 monts taxand was roadworthy. The only thing i am worried about is he could send round the boys to do me over but how do i stand in laW

Sponsored Links
As prev poster..He probably bought thinking he had a bargain. Its his problem, but yes you may wonder what if, although I assume you do have his details.

Sponsored Links
From waht you say , it sounds like it was his idea to meet in said car park, and as he signed for it, not really your problem

other thing, how many miles has it done since you sold it?

he may have been to scotlamd and back, now that would be cheap car hire..........free

Back