Sentinel X400 and X100 mixed??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone out there know any problems associated with X400 sludge remover and X100 inhibitor if mixed together?

Only asking because this is what I recently added to my CH system and after flushing the system through about 3 times I then added X100 inhibitor. Since then though, I'm still getting a rushing of air and water sound coming around about every 10-20 sec's. So my question is does X400 and X100 mixed together, even in small quantities cause gas or other bubbles to form giving you air in other words?

If this is the case will I just have to re-flush the system and reapply inhibitor at smaller quantities?

Sponsored Links
ANy inhibitor will be "used up" by the X400 in the system so you'll have to empty, fill, empty, then add new X100.

Cheers ChrisR

Do you then think that any excess X400 left in system could be causing air bubbles to form?

Only reason I ask is because when I was up in loft looking at the F&E tank I noticed small air bubbles in the tank and the solution looked almost gel like, even though it seems thin enough to touch. Could this be a by-product of the chemicals mixing? Or could it be because the system is drawing in air from somewhere else? Or is it perfectly normal?

I doubt you had significant amounts of X400 left.

You will just have the usual air in the system. Putting the pump on the maximum setting might help and then on/off every five minutes might be good too.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Tony

What else should I be doing if I do that with the pump?

Will that not do damage to the pump's internals by turning on/off in quick rotation?

I have bled the system several times but still seem to be getting this problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back