Separate switch on fused spur circiut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to add a switch to a fused spur light circuit? In other words, the sequence I am thinking of is - Mains circuit - Fused spur (not switched) - Separate switch - Lights? If so how should the switch be wired from the fused spur to the switch and from the switch to the lights, bearing in mind that the connections on the switch are L1, L2 and Common?

Sponsored Links
at the switch, connect the 2 browns to L1 and COM. Connect the blues to a piece of terminal block. Connect the earths to another piece of terminal block.

Yes, also in addition to what crafty says, remember to earth the backbox if metal, and same goes for front plate if metal

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
Yes, also in addition to what crafty says, remember to earth the backbox if metal, and same goes for front plate if metal
i assumed plastic accesories . . . but i shouldn't assume, we all know what that does :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back