servis washer has died !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,I wonder if anyone can help me please :confused: my servis washing machine has decided to die on me this morning,I have changed fuse and the light comes on machine when turned on so theres definately power going to it...but apart from that its not doing anything,no noise whatsoever....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the whole machine is dead but the light remains on it could be the door interlock. Unfortunately though it could also be the on off switch or even the main controller. Without tracing it all with a meter it's difficult to sort out.

is it still under warenty :?:

some things on a washer are best left to an expert, get several quotes first

i used to work for a w/m co. and when changing some bits you had to change others too, so for the sake of arument its part X then you had to change part y as well, so if you find its part x that is a fault, you will not know that you have to change part y as well

Thank you very much for your help ! Unfortunately it is not under warranty anymore so looks like I will have to go shopping for more reliable washer.

Thank you again :)

Sponsored Links
I have had nothing but problems with Servis appliances.

We have lost count of the number of times the repair man has been out to our Servis washing machine (although fortunately we took out a five year extended guarantee). That was the best money we ever spent!!

I also had a Servis fridge which failed one month after the expiry of the 12 month guarantee. I complained to the Servis customer care department and right up to senior management level but they were just not interested.

Save your money and buy a better machine (I am told that Hotpoint and Zanussi are among the best). I will never buy another Servis appliance again.

Well apparently the Washer would have cost about £90 so we decided to get a new washer...well...reconditioned 1 and its a Hotpoint which I have used before and is cheap to fix apparently.
thank you again for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back