Shallow bath trap OK with single stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath drains very slowly, so I want to replace the standard P trap with a shallow bath trap. However, the waste pipes from the bath drain into a single stack soil pipe and I thouht I'd read somewhere that by law you have to use full-size traps on these. Is this right, or can I go ahead with the shallow trap?
Any help much appreciated
Simon

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your help, Bacho. will now try to source a suitable anti-vac trap

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
failling that try an anti syphon trap and unless the regs have been relaxed you need a 3"" seal

Thats where we came in Kev, I don't think you can buy shallow anti-vac.

And changing the trap won't cure the problem anyway.

Pipe is blocking up or requires an air admittance valve, to which a deepseal anti-vac trap would do

I must admit I was presuming they made shallow anti vac traps for such a purpose, however if there are non on the market :oops: then as Doitall says you can fit an air admittance valve. THis allows air in and stops loss of trap seal.
It must be fitted within 150 mm of the appliance. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back