Shifting a radiator ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new member here, :D

I will probably be on here asking advice quite often as the house i recently bought is a disaster area ! :cry:
My first problem is that i am going to be a dad shortly ! :rolleyes: The second problem is that i need to convert the dining room into a nursery, and as such i need to move a radiator to the opposite wall.
Have removed the radiator but found the feed and return pipes to be fed from the same 3/4" pipe, surely thats not right ? :confused:
Am also having trouble locating a return pipe under the floorboards, does that mean i have to locate the nearest radiator and link into the circuit from there ?

Any help most gratefully received ! :LOL:
Stuart.

Sponsored Links
You have a one pipe system, there is no actual flow and return pipe, only one pipe in a loop, you have to extend the loop (3/4" pipe) across to the other side of the room with the pipe underneath the rad and tee off as it was before, if you only run the 15mm branches off from the 3/4" pipe to the other side of the room to the rad wont get hot.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
You have a one pipe system, there is no actual flow and return pipe, only one pipe in a loop, you have to extend the loop (3/4" pipe) across to the other side of the room with the pipe underneath the rad and tee off as it was before, if you only run the 15mm branches off from the 3/4" pipe to the other side of the room to the rad wont get hot.
thanks as well...i just found out that is what i have...single pipe system and need an extra rad
:)

Nice one Pedantic, ;)
Saves a big job because the pipe actually runs from where i want to fit the radiator ! Probably originally fitted there.
Still it does sound weird ! :rolleyes:
Thanks for your help.
Stu

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back