1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoddy combi install, mains water flush microbore a good idea?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by AkiraDIY, 27 Dec 2019.

1. AkiraDIY

AkiraDIY

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    it's working ok for now, but I would like to keep it that way long term.

I'll add inhibitor and leave it alone for the time being then. I'll ask for a flush of the system from whomever I find to change the gas pipe when I get some more paychecks in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. dormermike

dormermike

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Where is the list showing what us ordinary punters should aim to pay for combi installs and other sundry trade jobs then? Makes me cringe when trades tell posters they paid too low, got monkeys mate, when it's entirely job dependent. Fecking hate getting trades in for this reason, prefer just do it all myself. Happy days when great forums like this are free to access.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What is wrong with that. I do it all the time.

I would have charged, and got it too, another £1k but boiler would have been £1k or so too. Gas line upgrade extra, cleaning extra too: megnaclean fitted as standard. No system interlock her- that would have been fitted.

Regularly see Such instals. Problem is, end user is sold a boiler he/ she knows nothing about Or what to expect. Often the installer wants to sling the boiler on the wall and that is it. Best to get an installer who will service the boiler too. If you
    are looking at the bottom figure, often this is the result.

Last edited: 27 Dec 2019
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local