shooting the burglars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone watch the programme where mr Martin shot the buglars at Bleak house?
I didnt know which side to believe though mr Martin seemed distictly odd.

I firmly believe that if some one gets hurt breaking into your house, say on glass on your garden wall (which apparently you arent allowed to have) or if your dog bites them, then it is tough luck and they should not be able to sue.

I believe you should be able to defend yourself and your property too (as you are allowed to do)
I have felt the fear of knowing someone is there and being absolutely terrifed for my children and me.
I dont know what I would have done if they had attacked me.

I never ever want to feel powerless like that again.

I would not have shot them though.

Sponsored Links
Premeditatd murder by a man totally unconcernd by taking anothers life

Welcome back toffee, where have you been? Did you get snowed in last week?

thankyou,
long story..... let's just say, I had a break.

Sponsored Links
I wish!!!
no,
just a break from here.
Upset at ott comment on here, mixed with pmt I guess.

Have been kept busy with work and workbeing done on the house too.
(hence the load of questions now)

Then, waited until I felt ready to shoulder the flack I am no doubt going to get upon returning!! ;)

splinter said:
Premeditatd murder by a man totally unconcernd by taking anothers life

Whats wrong with that?

If i was to find someone in my house i would probably lose the plot and batter them to death with a blunt instrument.

In my opinion if you break into someones house you deserve to be put to death :evil: :evil: :evil:

There is the difference Smj,
You lose the plot= manslaughter.Tony Martin lays in wait with a PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN =murder

.... and made his house loook derelict to encourage them to break in, and laid in wait so he could ambush them, and shot them with an illegal weapon as they were running away or lying on the gound.

No more of a threat to him than the Belgrano.

I always do my best not to kill people if I can possibly avoid it.

If my kids lives were in danger or my life was truly in real danger then yes, I think I could shoot.

I couldnt do it because someone burgled my property though.

Hubby has gone flying out in the buff before when someone tried to take our car and I dare say that if he had caught them, he would have given them a good smack before the police arrived.

Guns...
thats something else.

Another time in a panic, I rang friends up the road because I saw torch light and I could make out figures at the back,and her hubby lands with a fencing post and in the back of his jeep his blooming gun...just in case....

turns out these were lads lamping out the back of my house.

He was protecting me and I was grateful but the fact he'd brought the gun really scared me...

can I just add...
my pals are not gun toting yobs and hold their legal weapons legally however...

it just goes to show though that in the heat of the moment, otherwise law abiding people, with access to guns, potentially, can go too far.

(Im not talking about mr Martin here , I mean such as my pals who have a gun and know how to use it....ehem ehem)

I guess gun ownership is another issue.

splinter said:
There is the difference Smj,
You lose the plot= manslaughter.Tony Martin lays in wait with a PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN =murder

So is manslaughter ok.

The thing is though that i have now made a mental note to myself that if i catch someone in my house (bearing in mind that my missus and 2 little girls are upstairs in bed) i will batter them to death with my baseball bat which i have waiting in a conveiniant location.
The way things are these days it will probably be me who ends up dead because the scumbag in my house will probably have a gun.

So because i have planned it in my mind is that then murder.

THe fact that you're friend had his gun in the car when he came to you're assistance might be deemed a illegal act :confused:

Toffee wrote:

If my kids lives were in danger or my life was truly in real danger then yes, I think I could shoot.

I couldnt do it because someone burgled my property though

If someone was in your house how would you know what ther intensions were.
If the burgler had a weapon do you thing he would think twice about using it so he could escape?

Smj
We all ,Iexspect we all keep things in our houses to defend our selfs against the burglar .But I believe wasthe orginal question was .Tony Martin justified in laying in wait with aillegelly held PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN ,then firing off 3 shots at someone that was running away

Sponsored Links
Back