Should he have done a Tightness test ?

GIM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a corgi registered gas man round today to change the 3 way valve today i described the problem on the phone and told me the problem.He fixed it and off he left, i sat down for a while and thought about the job he had done. And wondered if he should have done a tightness test at the meter do you think he should have done a test.

Sponsored Links
Not really as he was not working on the gas side of the system, if we have to change a 3 port , pump etc we tick the "non gas work" box on our work sheet.

If you asked him to check the the gas supply, a test does not take long.
but the concequences of a gas leak can be expensive

Can you smell gas?
Trasco wil do a free check within 1 hour

Done a service last fri on floor gas boiler (open flued potterton kingfisher) made air vent larger for room ventilation, supplied co alarm. Customer complained that she has smelt gas in property for long while transco attended 5 years ago and found no faults, tested that day and found 3mb drop over 3 mins, capped meter supply.

returned mon found gas leak on outlet to meter, gas leak underfloor in iron pipework, re-run new supply to boiler in 22mm pipe, left dfe fire disconected due to 5 inch bbu ali terminal pot fitted (should be at least 7 inch approved terminal) and no 100cm air vent fitted.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
boys boys

kimplumb is the lodger (as well you know DIA)
who is trying every tactic possible to get me to fit the towel rail ;)

love-smiley-001.gif
love-smiley-001.gif

I wonder how many wives give there husbands a tightness test each night when they come back from the pub :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back