Should I go for a powerful Combi or small Megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of updating my central heating/water system while extending my house.

I will have 2 baths/2 showers, washing machine and dishwasher.

What would be the best system to go for. its rare that more than 2 sources will be used at any one time, but 2 sources will be used regurarly.

Thanks

Jazz

Sponsored Links
Most professionals would advise the unvented option providing your mains water supply can provide the required flow rate.

The installer of the unvented should hold the appropriate certificate.

Tony Glazier

A worthwhile advantage of a HW store such as in a cylinder is the ability to heat it electrically when the combi fails.

Whichever route you go, you must have the mains flow for your needs or anyone taking a shower supplied by the combi is likely to moan.

dont forget storage combi's

but they dont have the advantage chris has ponted out

Sponsored Links
Storage Combi's - I've heard about those - there the half/half type things that might suit my needs - anyone got more info on these ?

Worcester Highflow 440, Viessmann 333/343 (when it gets approvals) and i believe Alpha do one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back