Shower/ Bath diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I'm new to this forum so hope you gurus will excuse any bloopers I make..
Looked at archives but couldnt find an answer...
Sorry it's such a long post...............

Trying to get water out of the Bath Spout of a shower diverter setup.
Friends bought the place 2 yrs ago and has had to fill the bath by shower rose ever since ( No they don't smell tooooo bad)

The diverter switch is actually on the 1/2" male threaded outlet to the flex pipe..
It's a chrome collar which pushes up or down to divert.. It has two , what appear to be very small rollpins, in diametrically opposed sides.. which "might" secure it... It is of course slightly sprung loaded..
Inside all that can be seen is a square brass insert with two smallholes at opposing edges... Couldnt move it in any way .. Externally below the diverter "collar" is another collar which moves up insider the diverter collar.. Below this there is what appears to be a large stainless washer mebbe 40 mm od.. There are no spanner "flats" to be seen anywhere.

I would have suggested that we fitted a new unit but the whole of the bath and panel are nicely tiled in and I cannot get under the damned thing!!
Whatever I do the water is always diverted to the shower outlet..
As its on the first floor of a 2 story house you can imagine flow is very slow anyway!
I've had a butchers in City Plumb's books but only ones there have the diverter in front of or separate from the shower outlet connection...
Just wondered if any one had any ideas how to fix the thing??

Cheers BobE....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back