Shower Enclosures

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SWMBO has decided that we need to freshen up the bathroom but what she wants is not in the budget at this time. So as the bathroom suite is in pretty good condition it will be mostly down to paint and accessories. But, the shower enclosure is knackered and needs replacing.
Due to it's position, and cost constraints we will have to replace like with like. The tray is china and square 800x800. The enclosure is a corner entry with sliding doors. My questions are

1) where can I get a reasonably priced corner entry enclosure, preferably with the frame in sliver finish.
2) The old enclosure is fixed to the top of the shaower tray with silicone sealeant, how do I safely and without damage remove this?
3) Any hints as to what I should look out for in fitting a new enclosure

Sponsored Links
Answers generally are "with care"! I fitted a Wickes enclosure about years ago in a rented flat. Only About £70 then for a pivoting door with a side panel. Ok I was fussy.

I inspected it carefully the other day when doing the Landlords Gas cert (have moved on from doing cheap showers!) and found it was absolutely fine - just needed an inch of silicone.

Posher showers have thicker and BS glass and are stiffer with better closure mechanisms on things like corner entry units - but the designs are all "mature" now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back