Shower fitting problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any ideas of how to fit an ash tray in a shower cubicle. Using a soap dish is useless as the ciggy gets soggy. I was thinking of some sort of cover over the top of it, but there is still the other problem, that the cig would be inclined to get wet, as you take it out to have a puff.

Even if you have the ash tray on the edge of the sink (just outside the cubicle), as you pick it up to have a drag, the dampness on your fingers can ruin a perfectly good fag.

There must be an obvious solution to this problem that I haven't thought of :confused: I've even considered something similar to that contraption that Jeremy Clarkson demonstrated in a diving tank, but that would just be too much trouble to setup.

I don't mind going to a bit of effort to get a solution in place, as long as outcome is quick and easy to use. The times that it would be most useful is when you're pushed for time, (ie got up late for work). So you don't have to wait to finish your cig before you have a shower. (When you have plenty of time, you just finish the ciggy at your leisure, so the smoke in the shower is not required.)

Sponsored Links
Easy ... Superglue a few inches of open ended copper pipe, horizontally to top of shower head, use a cigarette holder which ensures fingers clear of paper, when g(r)asping the holder becomes a chore, park the fag end in the tube.... Ask me another !
;) :D :D

images
and
images

or

drill a hole in the wall for this
SM23968.jpg

or this

images

Sorry TexMex,

I'm going to have to think hard about this one as it unusual request!

If you're shower is tank-fed, then could you put an appropriate ammount of Golden Virginia in the tank itself, allowing you to enjoy some sort of 'Golden Shower' and get clean and nicotined-up at the same time. You will also get the same nicotine hit when cleaning your teeth, having a bath or doing the pots.

Alternatively, wrap individual fags in a small plastic bag, put in the oven on 220 for 10 minutes and voila !! Waterproof fags........

Sponsored Links
Get yourself an hookah my cockah ... I said ...kah not ... ker !!
yellow21.jpg

:LOL:

TexMex said:
The times that it would be most useful is when you're pushed for time, (ie got up late for work). So you don't have to wait to finish your cig before you have a shower. (When you have plenty of time, you just finish the ciggy at your leisure, so the smoke in the shower is not required.)

Easy: hit the shower then light you're first ciggy, saves more time, cause then you can eat or even walk out of the door with you ciggy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back