Shower flow rate...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have an old electric shower fitted in our house, for which the wiring is sub-standard. Rather than have to rewire, and have all the mess that involves, I was hoping to fit a bath shower mixer tap.

The boiler is a protherm 80e Combi, with a specified flow rate of 11.2l/min @ 30°C rise and 9.6l/min at a 35°C rise.

This is probably a stupid question, but is this a satisfactory flow rate for a shower? I'm particularly thinking that the temperature rise in the winter will probably be higher leading to a lower flow rate... (is the drop in flow rate linear? I.e Can i assume a 1.6l/min drop per 5°C increase in temperature rise??)

Thanks in advance.

Tryster

PS If I've missed out any key info, please let me know and I'll try to provide it.

Sponsored Links
No electric shower provides more than 4 ish llitres /minute, so yes a combi is better. (24kW vs say 8-10kW)
Thermostatic or pressure balanced mixer would be advised.

Yes, flow x temp rise = energy, so you notice the difference a bit in the winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back