Shower head partition wall mount.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to mount a large Rainshower type showerhead from a partition wall. The wall is in the preparation stage with the aquaboard cut to size ready for fixing to the studs I want a secure mounting for the 1/2" showerhead pipe that falls between the studs. Is there such a plumbing item, or will I have to improvise :eek: using a right angle 1/2" fitting ?

Sponsored Links
It's normal to use a backplate elbow, unless you have a reason not to.

with the weight of them these large shower heads can be a pain to get a solid fix sometimes, What about bring it out the ceiling if it not all in one piece with the arm

Before putting up the aquapanel, put an extra noggin in the wall where you want the shower head to fix a backplate elbow to.

Sponsored Links
No, it's got to come out of the wall.
I'll adapt the backplate elbow by bolting it to a length of right angle steel and screwing that to a noggin. I just dont trust the backplate elbow screwed into wood supporting that weight on its own.

Thanks for the help !

I think that might be overkill.

When I do these I solder a backplate elbow (in preference to the compression one that I pictured above) onto the riser pipe - with the extra rigidity provided by the copper tube I've never had a problem just screwing the b.e. into wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back