Shower Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short tiling in shower cubicle has been damaged allowing water to get behind tiles and leak through downstairs ceiling. When I removed tiles to rectify this found the wall was made of some laminated timber similar to the side of a wardrobe ( no joke). I have removed this some of the insulation and will get a dehumidifier before I make good. However the majority of the stud work in the surrounding area is very detoriorated and literally can be pulled apart. Any suggestions how to rectify this without pulling the whole wall down. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hack away as much as you can and replace with aqua board where the shower area covers then tile straight onto it and use a good quality grout.
Pete

Thanks for speedy reply. I was just wondering what to do about the damaged stud work as surely the bulk of the weight will be on the bottom of the wall where the damage is

Sorry misread I thought just the plaster board gone, replace the timbers as and where you need to or double up next to them.
Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back