Shower Mixer Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower Mixer unit on my bath. When the water are turned off everything is fine. When the taps are turned on for my bath taps, the shower part leaks through the shower head. When the setting is to shower it all works ok (ie bath taps do not leak) Can anyone help.

Sponsored Links
What type is it? An Aqualisa Aquamixa by any chance?

Jaq67 sounds as though the 'supercalifragilstiaspialodocious washer' has perished............................................ :LOL:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Limescale buildup in the tap spouts causing a blockage maybe?

Sponsored Links
I am not sure what the name of the taps are, but it is a telephone type showe / taps where the shower sits on top of gthe taps. If it is the washer, is it easy to replace, or is it a plumber job!!!!

Misread your post - as BOT says it's probably just an O ring.
While no specific plumbing training covers O rings on shower mixers, we are the sort of people who can work out how the device is supposed to work, and are likely to have the tools, and a choice of (in my case) well over 100 different sizes of O rings to choose from to do the job.

Thanks Chris. I will just have to take it apart and have a look. Hopefully it will not be too complicated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back