Shower Room without Ventilation?

cw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to see if it possible to install a shower in a small room in my office. Before I start trying to find a suitable plumber etc I want to find out if the idea is feasable or not.

The office is on the 9th floor of high rise building, only have a cold water supply and all the waste water from the kitchen is pumped out (based on demand).

We have a small room off the kitchen in the office that we would like to convert into a shower room. It has a suspened ceiling which I assume will need to be made more permanent.

The room has no means of natual ventilation and being in a high rise, in which we rent the office space, I do not think it is feasible to install ventilation ducting etc.

With all these factors considered, I would appreciate any advice on ways (if any) of installing a shower.

Sponsored Links
You'd need a dedicated high power electricity supply (say 45A) , and the condensation would almost certainly be a problem. Ask your Building Services Manager. The waste could be pumped out the same sort of way as the basin.

but as said, ventilation would be the problem you will need an extractor fan going to outside.
I have seen extractor fans going to an "unused window" which has timber in it (glass removed) then the vent pipe mounted in the timber

Sponsored Links
Would depend what aircon the building has - hence ask the BSM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back