Shower too Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an electric shower but the water is too hot. When turned to full water power, thermostat on shower is turned down full but water very warm.

Turning water pressure on shower down thermostat still has to be turned down to half of the 'cold' bar otherwise its too warm.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
What rating is the shower?
I have a triton in my home and during
summer the water is often warmer on the lowest setting than it is during winter on a high setting due to the ambient temperature of the mains water.

Wouldn't it be best to have the water pressure high rather than low as I understood with a high flow rate the shower finds it harder to heat the water?

Im not sure what the rating is. It was fine last summer and has been fine for the last 3 years but in the last 2 or 3 months the temperature has to be turned right down to the lowest level to have the water pressure at the decent level.

Sponsored Links
If the water is too hot you need to increase the flow over the heating elements. Remember that you can not alter the power of the elements, only how much heat can be given to the water as it passes through them.

Less flow - more time at the elements - hotter water.

If the shower is set to it's highest flow rate and the water is still too hot then maybe the shower head is clogged with scale. Give it a clean and see if that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back