Shower Tray movement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the middle of redoing an ensuite in the house. I put in a new Shower tray and leveled it off. It seemed to be very even with no movement. I sealed it and then started to tile the floor. The tiles are now down a few days but I haven't had a change to grout them.
Anyway, I noticed today that there is now some very slight movement in the shower tray when I stand on it. You can't really see it move, but you can hear it. It is very, very slight.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I could do? I still have to tile the shower and walls and would hate to have it all finished, at some cost, and then something happens with the shower.

thanks

Sponsored Links
did or did you not bed the tray down on a bed off mortar ?
If not you have small voids underneath and the first time you drop the heavy shampoo bottle your gonny be replacing the tray again,however you may be experiencing some form of paranoia use one off them cheap waterproof radios in shower!!!!!

?
No. I didn't bed it on mortar. I just got it level then sealed it to both walls (plasterboard) and sealed the edging. I have a feeling that one of the floor boards are moving slightly underneath.

Sponsored Links
Right, you got to bed it on sand and cement ,am pressuming its not on legs ?
Ensure the floor boards are screwed down as well .
I would lift the whole lot out ,A nice job for a sunday afternoon.At least the walls not tiled should be a couple hours work .Get a bag of sand cement mix at local DIY sheds .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back