shower tray sealing strips???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a stone resin tray for the base of my shower, i am just about to start tiling, a friend recommends that i use the bath & shower super seal strips from b&q as a seal between tiles and shower base, another friend said just tile down to the tray leave a couple of mm gap and squirt in silicon sealant.............any thoughts please??

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Definitely silicon. The edges of the sealing strip - however good the seal looks - will allow moisture in, and mould to grow, and if you took them off in a couple of years' time, you'd find all sorts of black mank behind them. At least with silicon, you can dig it off and replace it from time to time.
In any case, you'll have to use silicon to seal the corners anyway. Use silicon every time - but get a decent "trade strength" version.

Cheers silicon it is then but can anyone recommend a good TRADE strength one ???

Sponsored Links
You could also try using showerseal as advertised here. It combines the use of silicon and and edging which gives a professional finish and lasts and performs well too. Costly though! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back