Shower with mains cold water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At current I just have a bath in my house and want to refit the bathroom and include a shower over the bath. I was hoping to fit a thermostatic mixer as part of the bath taps so that no real plumbing is involved. However the cold is straight from the mains and so will obviosly push all of the hot out. Is there any sort of bath tap/shower mixer that can deal with an unbalanced supply or is the only answer to change it so that the cold bath tap is fed from the header tank? Any solutions to my problem would be gratefully recieved. :?:

Sponsored Links
yes you can but follow makers instructions to the full.
you have what is called an unbalanced supply to your bath.
as a guide only see www.screwfix.com
item number/search 67014
scroll down to down load instruction manual read pipe connections then use of flow regulator.
your hot seems like gravity and your cold mains.
a thermostatic valve is highly reccomended under your circumstances.
good luck.

Thanks for your help. Does that thermostatic tap set come with a pressure reducing valve as a part of it or is that something that need to be fitted seperately? I found this http://www.plumbingpages.com/featurepages/Greens.cfm
whilst looking for solutions. Presumably if I fitted this then I could then fit a standard (non-thermostatic) mixer set. Basically I just want a bath tap/shower mixer that will deal with an unbalanced supply, if the pegler one does that then I'll get it.

Sponsored Links
MOD 2

removed

1 don't post phone numbers

2 don't post e mail adresses

3 don't post appeals for tv shows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back