Shrub stumps where I am building a fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the dividing fence in my front garden, right in the way is a 4 foot high shrub of some sort. I have pruned down the plant on my side, leaving half still in my neighbours garden and several 1 inch stumps at ground level on my side. I will be putting featherboard on each side of the 47x47 frame (the fence is only 2 foot high). How can i stop these stumps from growing up through the fence? can I kill them off and leave the rest of the plant alive? or should i wait for it to grow and train it under and away from the fence?
ta
Glocko

Sponsored Links
glocko said:
How can i stop these stumps from growing up through the fence? can I kill them off and leave the rest of the plant alive?
I've seen people put creosote on end of branch to stop that area growing but not sure if it will kill the rest of the plant long term.

Who's side of the boundary were the shrubs planted on? It's sounds like they are on your neighbours side. Legally you are only entitled to prune to the boundary, digging up and or killing the shrub may cause problems with your neighbour. Speak to them first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back