Silicone over gap at bath edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Removed a cack sealing strip to find there's about an 8mm gap between one edge of the bath and the tilled wall.

I need to know the best way of dealing with this before i spam sealant round the bath.

I presume it needs filling, but with what?

Thanks
Nathan

Sponsored Links
I was thinking along the lines of some sort of flexible filler for the gap, with a small amount of silicone over the top. Or mabe using some sort of beeding?

Sealing strip always seems to be a bit of a bodge to me.. I don't like the way it looks!

what ever you use needs support, if not it will fall down the gap, that is why people use sealing strip

Sponsored Links
Thanks gcol, that's the sort of solution i was after! (my serches turned up nothing)

Thanks again

Good old Nestor...;)

She saves the day again ....:)

you could try a length of white plastic beading mind , looks nice

Go to Topps and get some Quad tile pieces. They would sit very nicely along that gap. You get an adhesive tube with some of them which is water proof.

gcol

I cannot be here every night,
unlike you ,?
I retired ......!! I CAN ........

LOL..LOL ...LOl.LOL.LOL.LOL..lol

but Better things all week as the wife tells me .

I dont care , I just wish this site was like it was 12months ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back