silverline worktop jig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had the exact same thing happen to us and have come to the conclusion that the instructions that come along with the silverline jig are wrong - is this the conclusion that you have come to too?

What have you ultimately done to put the situation right, as we are now into our third worktop, approx. £300 out of pocket and tearing our hair out? Can anyone please help???

Hi there have been reading all of your advice regarding fitting worktops and decided to try it myself, I bought a silverline worktop jig along with an 1850 watt router and TCT cutters
Now the problem, the radius of the male section is a different radius to the female section, when offered together the radius holds the straight edges off by over by about 2 mm. Can any one throw some light on whats wrong.

Dave

Sponsored Links
You mean the guide bush on the router is slightly smaller than the groove in the jig?

This is normal, when routing you pull the router away from the cut when making successive passes, then on the final pass at full depth you push it towards the cut for a good finish.

You can't plunge cut the worktop in one go, but you can trim that final 2mm or so off in one go. Make sense?

I think he's either pressing down on the router too hard thus bending the jig and causing undercutting (laminate face down) or pushing too hard on the nylon guides (male cut) and bending them.

I'm confused.

The first post seems to be replying to other posts, and yet it is the first one! :confused:

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought too. Maybe he hears voices?

Did nobody find that the holes for the jointing clamp bolts were far too big?

more likely about 2022 years, probably in spring if it's true about the shepherds (might not be). There is no reason to suppose it was in Bethlehem (this was added later to match an old prophesy), nor that there was a Roman census, nor that Herod ordered a slaughter of children.

Are you sure? I thought he was about 2017 years old. :mrgreen:

Wow, that makes him even older than Noah, who was about 600 years old when he died.

#dontBelieveEveythingThatYouRead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back