Sime Friendly Format 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Symptom is that fan is powered briefly and then cut straight away, repeat repeat ad infinitum. There is one relay on the board, this is fully powered up and making, but it may just start the pump.

The control signal from main board goes to ignition board attached to sit gas valve.

That's about all I can say. Have obviously tried a new aps, same symptoms.

Is this a behaviour any of you have experienced?

It is totally rythmical and voltage to fan does oscilate at this rate so it's somewhere outside the fan.

Sponsored Links
I had one about a month ago paul, same boiler and exactly the same fault...........i solved it with a new Ignition board (the one on the side of the gas valve).

Yes, its probably the ignition PCB.

However, if somebody else has been fiddling then they may have wrongly wired the APS.

I went to a boiler yesterday which was showing those symptoms and the "plumber friend" had swapped the APS tubes to stop the cycling. Trouble is that did not repair the boiler either!

Not the most friendly boiler!!!

Tony

Thanks guys, I'll get an ignition board.

Yes I think it has been meddled with by the caravan site owner, but he hasn;t caused the fault, the people staying in the log cabin said it started with these symptoms this morning and was working fine up until then.

Quite honestly I don't really balme these cravan site owners having a go, he probably didn't expect any of us to answer the phone today.

There's always one mug that doesn't leave his phone off! Anyhow got out of a dead boring family party!

Sponsored Links
Thank you Harrogate Gas it was the correct part.

To show how bad local parts centre is, they got the part from Hull branch and then lost it, this chalet is let from tomorrow so I had to drive to Hull for the part in the end. If I had ordered it from Preston it would have been with me next day.

I try to give the local guys a chance but they really are rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back