Single oven/electric hob

B

Bamber gaspipe

The hob is under 7kw. The single oven is about same or less.I know the oven can be plugged into normal socket, & have been advised that the eleccy hob can be also. Do I need a seperate feed from hob right back to consumer board for 7kw? Your expert opinions valued.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
sijaysee said:
hob will have to have its own 32 amp radial back to the consumer unit.

Why?

If the electric oven can be plugged in, why can`t the Hob. I`m asking because I don`t see the difference.

Sponsored Links
The oven shouldn't just be plugged in either if it is much greater than 3kw. We are talking UK domestic 13A plugtops?

Spark123 said:
The oven shouldn't just be plugged in either if it is much greater than 3kw. We are talking UK domestic 13A plugtops?

Yes. But the ring main to my kitchen is seperate from the rest of the sockets & consists of maybe 6 double sockets & has it`s own mcb at the consumer unit. What say you chaps?

You can't feed any single load greater than 13A from a ring circuit.

Your 7kW hob will use around 30A.

Think about it.

If you are using the hob (30A) on your 32A ring circuit, what happens if someone uses the kettle (10A) or the washer (13A) is on?

RF Lighting said:

What about a 30kw boiler? fed from a 3 amp fused spur :confused: What about plugging said boiler into 13 amp plug socket?

Bamber gaspipe said:
RF Lighting said:

What about a 30kw boiler? fed from a 3 amp fused spur :confused: What about plugging said boiler into 13 amp plug socket?

Presumably this is 30kW in gas terms?

The electrical load is likely to be only a pump and control circuit using very little power

Bamber gaspipe said:
This puts a grin on my face that not even sandpaper can remove. :D

Bamber gaspipe said:
RF Lighting said:

That will be Ok due to the cable being gas cooled. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back