1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Skin Store - Can I foam it?

Discussion in 'Building' started by Pablo79, 25 Aug 2021.

1. Pablo79

Pablo79

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a single skin store room, built in the 1790s, on the side of my house. It's about 4ft wide by 16tft deep, with granite blocks forming the roof. I want to use it for storage.

Apart from two small grated vents on the door, there's no ventilation. The brickwork is single skin, really old and I think moisture is getting through it. Most of the time it feels warm, damp and humid. North facing so it gets little sunshine.

I have some left over Touch and Foam spray form insulation... enough to do the inside of the store walls and ceiling. It was expensive stuff and did a good job at insulating an old metal garage roofs. The question is, can I used it on the inside of the store's brick walls?

I was thinking I would batten out, spray the foam, and put some OSB on top. It's only a store shed after all.

Would this be beneficial for the room? the foam goes off soon, so I either use it or ditch it!

2. Sponsored Links
  3. footprints

footprints

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not my area of expertise but safest bet might be to line the walls with plastic sheet held up by the battens and spray that if you find a problem later removal should be simple.(y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1