Skimming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've done some skimming in a number of rooms already but i'm self tort, I'm wondering what the best mix for the plaster is?

Sponsored Links
About a 1/4 bucket of water,then add the plaster.Mix until you get a thick double cream consistency.Then away you go.

Sponsored Links
i've found that a slightly stiffer mix for the fist coat, as this facilitates trowel control (particularly on unpredictable or differential suction surfaces).

then on the second coat or subsequent coats, use a thinner mix, as this will spread'n'fill nicely on the predictable first coat.

Feckin ell noseall did you swallow a dictionary at work today? :LOL:

p.s i've just got back from spain............all inc...............too much beer......hic........too much sun.:cool:

WabbitPoo said:
And while you are at it, learn to spell and punctuate.
A qualifaction for posting on this forum or just a order from you? :LOL:

I believe my ex-wife had one. It seemed to need a lot of feeding and looking after, she often popped into the bathroom with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back