skips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a puzzle for you.

When you order a skip, on the side it normally says level load about 6" down from the highest point. Why bother putting it on ? no one takes any notice of it :LOL: If they did then the word GREEDY BOARDS would not of been invented. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I took this in Summer. I'd love to have been there when the skip lorry came to pick this up. :D

skip.JPG

Tell me about it! If you can't tell, those are bricks filling the top that are just about being held in place by some timber frames.

Sponsored Links
I must admit I've never seen a skip so over loaded like your pic :LOL:

They must of thought a small skip would do or they were too tight to pay for a full size one :LOL:

Ridiculous filling a skip so much - I mean, how on earth is a person supposed to get in there to see what there is worth salvaging :rolleyes: ;) :LOL:

Gary_M said:
Ridiculous filling a skip so much - I mean, how on earth is a person supposed to get in there to see what there is worth salvaging :rolleyes: ;) :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I know a few people who do it for a living :LOL:

Richardp said:
whats the betting it wasnt filled by the person that rented it. ;)
The worrying thing is that I think it was. I was working a few doors down from that house. A team of builders were gutting it. They did have a certain, how shall I say, Eastern Block look about them.

It was indeed. Taken just outside of Preston city centre. You know it or found out somehow from the car reg?

Elementary my dear Watson, (or could it be your Location is Lancashire :LOL: )

markie said:
Here's a puzzle for you.

When you order a skip, on the side it normally says level load about 6" down from the highest point. Why bother putting it on ? no one takes any notice of it

I think it refers to the even distribution of the load rather than the height thereof. If all the weight was at one end it might make for tricky loading on to the truck.

markie said:
:LOL: If they did then the word GREEDY BOARDS would not of been invented. :LOL:

That's 2 words. And not a phrase I've ever come across. Is it Geordie?

keyplayer said:
markie said:
Here's a puzzle for you.

When you order a skip, on the side it normally says level load about 6" down from the highest point. Why bother putting it on ? no one takes any notice of it

I think it refers to the even distribution of the load rather than the height thereof. If all the weight was at one end it might make for tricky loading on to the truck.

markie said:
:LOL: If they did then the word GREEDY BOARDS would not of been invented. :LOL:

That's 2 words. And not a phrase I've ever come across. Is it Geordie?

I couldn't tell you if it's a saying all over the UK but thats what we call it up here.

Sponsored Links
Back