skirting boards

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date

2scoops0406

what's the best way to ensure that the external angles on the skirting don't fall apart, should I biscuit joint them? Or is mitre adhesive sufficient. Also, has anyone used polyurethane wood adhesive, is it as good as everyone says?

Sponsored Links
The way I do it, as you know most external angle are rarely 90 degree, so once you got the mitre at the correct angle, I normally glue the 2 piece together and pin it, leave approx 1/2 hour or longer then fix it to the wall together. Timber or upvc skirtingboards, if you don't want any nail holes showing, I put a small square wood block on the inside or you can use plastic block and screw both side & chop out the external of the wall to allow for it.

If the angle is only a few degrees out just cut at 90o anyway. you will only have a gap of 1-2mm which can be filled, saves a lot of time ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back