SKIRTING BOARDS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Recently I attached some new skirting boards around the house... Now due to the walls not being even I have large gaps between the wall and skirting boards.. Here I have filled with flexible filler using a wet finger to scrape off the excess. Only thing is this really doesn't give it a NEAT finish which I would like and also dust gathers here very easily.
Anyone any ideas how to creat a great NEAT finish here??

Cheers

Andy

The misses as complained!!!

Sponsored Links
Fill with flexible filler so that it is level with the top of the skirting, using a filling knife. Let this dry, then go round and put a bead of decorators caulk around the top of the skirting and finish with a wet finger. Then paint.

Sponsored Links
Good tips there from nstreet

It might sound obvious but if the gaps are really noticeable you can screw the
boards to the wall ensuring you've a screw where the gaps are biggest. You can then fill in the countersunk screw holes with filler (not caulk which is difficult to sand) and sand before painting.

Takes a lot longer to do but gives a really nice finish and minimises the dust problem.

Only just read this one but what you need is a tool called a "joint-boy" only ever seen em on qvc but what a great little tool for this type of job (infact any job especially siliconing) no more wetting the finger, perfect results everytime

Yes, but nature provided man with 5 different sizes and they don't cost a penny. Plus they're always 'handy' no searching about for hours for that little bit of plastic:cool:

nstreet said:
Yes, but nature provided man with 5 different sizes and they don't cost a penny. Plus they're always 'handy' no searching about for hours for that little bit of plastic:cool:

you forgot the spare set in the other pocket :LOL: :LOL: ;)

nstreet said:
God gave me 2 legs but you`ll not catch me walkin miles to a job clutchin my little bits of plastic :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back