skirting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some help. Just had a and old archway converted to a doorway. The old skirting finishing short of the new doorway architrave. I have repainted and mitred the old skirting board (torus) which the missus wanted to keep. I bought a new length of skirting to fit up to the architrave. When I have gone to fit it i have noticed that the skirting doesn't fit flush with the architrave it is proud ( partly due to thickness partly due to the wall being out). I thought of chamfering the skirting to bring it flush,but with the skirting being torus its fancy and not sure what it will look like. I really dont want to have to rip all the skirting off and start again (waste of leave). Any idears/tips would put me forever in gratitude. cheers in advance :oops:

++++++++++++++
Moderator's note:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please have a look at //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19448

I have deleted your duplicate post.
Mod Rupert
++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
several ways round this :D

gradualy remove some of the thickness of the skirting towards the archatrave or set the the skirting back into the plaster

pack out slightly twist the archatrave to meet the skirting

introduce chamferd blocks that roughly follow the achatrave flat then angle[the correct name eludes me at the min :oops: ]

slighly taller and deeper than the skirting and wider than the achatrave [a few mm] then cut a pocket for the archatrave and skirting so it sits inside the block by about 3mm or just butt up and hope it dosnt crack the paint or varnish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back