Skirting round conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a 3mx3.60m conservatory built, which has plastered walls on two sides, with the other 2 sides being uPVC frames with uPVC filled-in panels down to floor level.

The floor is laid to screed and I am going to be laying laminate flooring (can't afford tiles). My plan is to fix the skirting board after the laminate is laid, so that it will mask the gap round the edge between the wall, and ensure a close fit.

My question is: If I am fixing a standard skirting board to the plastered brick walls on two sides, should I glue the same skirting board to the bottom of the uPVC frame, should I simply glue standard laminate beading to the uPVC frame, or should I just leave the uPVC frame bare, with a gap between it and the edge of the laminate :?:

Sponsored Links
i personaly would go for white upvc quad along the upvc walls stuck with white no nails to the wall only
thats assuming your using white skirting on the brick walls

jimbobfruitbat said:
should I simply glue standard laminate beading to the uPVC frame,
If you mean the standard scotia or quadrant, there is another solutions: flat beading (mostly only solid 4 - 6 mm thick, 25 - 28mm wide with bevelled edge at one side) you can glue (or gripfill) to the laminate floor to make a neat finish.

Thanks. The skirting board I am planning for the plastered walls is the standard wood one with simpe curved edges (bullnose or something I think it is called).

Would wooden skirting board attach to uPVC with No More Nails?

Sponsored Links
jimbobfruitbat said:
Thanks. The skirting board I am planning for the plastered walls is the standard wood one with simpe curved edges (bullnose or something I think it is called).

Would wooden skirting board attach to uPVC with No More Nails?

yes it will attach to pvc with no naills

my only real concern is have you got sufficiant flat un patterned area around the base to attach the skirting and for it to still look ok keeping in mind your floor will raise the level by about 12mm!!!!

if you have then then i would suggest upvc at it will be more stable under the extremes of hot and cold in a conservatory

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back