Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on an affordable SCMS? I bought a SIP 01502 today, and it's going back tomorrow, as without even using it, it broke - cheap nasty bolt on the blade arbor, sheared through when I tried to remove the blade, so I won't be touching another SIP tool with a 10ft barge pole.

Ideally I need a saw that will do a 300mm cut, and trenching, not bothered about fancy stuff like lasers etc.

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
whats your budget!!!!

dw712 the muts nuts all you want trenching 300mm cut 60 degree angle accurate out the box £240 at some bxq £330 to £500 anywhere else

I have rang every B&Q within a 20 mile radius....All sold out within 2 days... :cry:

Up to £200 really, but I'd go to £250 if it were a really good buy. SIP would have been ideal @ £99+VAT if it didn't cut corners on build quality, seemed to be fairly sturdly with no play etc. (Although I never got chance to get it running)

Sponsored Links
Got a Ryobi EMS2026SCL recently and it's great. 10" blade, 300mm cross cut, 45 bevel, 45R-50L mitre, will cut thro' 90mm depth. Electric brake so the blade doesn't spin forever after stopping the motor, cost me £170. Big-all will tell you Ryobi are bloody good tools at an affordable price - believe him!!

AndersonC said:
Big-all will tell you Ryobi are b****y good tools at an affordable price - believe him!!

funny enough i fully agree with that :D :D ;)

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I blew the budget somewhat and went for a DW712 in the end.

Next question is, does anyone know of any stores in USA that sell the Series 40 and 60 blades as I've got a friend going over in a week or so and from what I can tell the blades are much much cheaper in USA even after adding VAT. I notice that deWalt.com doesn't seem to list Series 40 and 60 blades, but a couple of their articles do mention them - as searches so far are turning up a blank (Could be that the product codes are different).

Thanks again,

Saw that one earlier and added it to my cart in case there were no other options :)

Looks like the DW712 in USA uses smaller arbor size 5/8" compared to 30mm over here, unless I'm missing something.

Bad form double replying, I know, but nevermind.

What's the life like on them usually? After something that'll give me a finish that doesn't need much working - It's Oak that I have in mind for this particular blade purchase. If that's a good price (appears to be) then if it's going to be suitable I might pick up a couple.

Thanks for much for the advice so far, much appreciated.

one thing to mention about trenching with the 712 you need to pack the fence out at the back by about an inch because the centre of the blade stops away from the fence and you get an upward curve coresponding to the curve on the blade

also checked the bore of the blade i took of 60 series i think and it was 30 bore

Thanks for all the help. DW712 and universal legs arrived this morning, blew the budget right out of the water but it's the mutts nuts, produced a fantastic cut with the Freud Pro blade on some architrave and did a lovely job on some oak as well.

Karl Austin said:
Thanks for all the help. DW712 and universal legs arrived this morning, blew the budget right out of the water but it's the mutts nuts, produced a fantastic cut with the Freud Pro blade on some architrave and did a lovely job on some oak as well.

thought you would be pleased :D :D :D :D

did you get the triple chip blade !!!!!!!!!!:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back