Slippery Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have decking in my back garden and it is really slippery. Is there any way of solving this problem. I have tried blasting it with the pressure washer, this works for about a week, but then the problem seems to get worse.

I was thinking of getting some clear varnish, mixing in some sand and painting it ????? would this work ???? or just make it look cr*p and still be slippery ????

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers

Neil

Sponsored Links
The slipperiness is probably caused by algae, this time of year is the worst as you have wet conditions with limited sunshine. You could try scrubbing it with jeyes fluid, which should keep it algae free for about a month.

Sponsored Links
ncolli1981 said:
Hi All,

I have decking in my back garden and it is really slippery. Is there any way of solving this problem. I have tried blasting it with the pressure washer, this works for about a week, but then the problem seems to get worse.

I was thinking of getting some clear varnish, mixing in some sand and painting it ????? would this work ???? or just make it look cr*p and still be slippery ????

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers

Neil

In the past I've solved this problem by either removing overhanging trees causing the build up of alge, or Hire a staple gun and stapled chicken wire to the decking. Chicken wire looks industrial afterwards, but solved the problem! You can buy special grip like sandpaper, applied direct to decking, however expensive, as its American I think! Start by finding the cause of the alge first :idea:

prod_256.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back