Small businesses - Beware of scam.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please be aware of a SCAM that was in circulation last year but appears to have raised its ugly head again this month?

A Bogus Company, with-holding their number and calling themselves 'Re-Act', are targeting SME's and claiming that they are now due to pay the invoice of £190+ for a Schools Sponsorship Deal they agreed to back in January!

They state the books that you agreed to Distribute around local schools have now all been printed with YOUR BUSINESS details, at a cost to them, on the agreement you would be invoiced when they were ready!

Many may already be aware, others may not and some legitimate businesses going by that name may suffer from this!

They state they are a Charitable Organisation but there is absolutely nothing charitable about this SCAM - so please do be aware

Sponsored Links
we had that last year. Told the bloke where to go, he treid to say he had spoken to someone in the company that did the ordering. Bad luck fella, thats me as well! Didnt withold the number either so i passed it on to trading standards.

we had that to a load of scousers reckoning they were putting together something for th fire bridage

the scum

I had scams like this approaching me in the first 3 years I went on my own. I now usually just ignore them or occasionally ask them to supply the voice recording of me agreeing to this verbal contract. You never hear from them again :rolleyes:

One tip I can give and 99% of the time stick to, is that I never answer withheld or private number calls unless I am specifically expecting a call from an organisation who would be withheld.

If it is a genuine customer calling they will leave a voicemail and anyway I also think 'who the hell are you that you think you are so important as to withhold your number?' I'm not that desperate for the work from someone such as this :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
we had that to a load of scousers reckoning they were putting together something for th fire bridage

the scum

Thats a very common one each year :LOL:

Even if you dont do anythig let them try to take you to court

these beggars work on the law of averages for every ten that say EFF ORF one will pay it just to get them off their backs and these poor sodss go on a mug list

they wont take you to court

gas4you said:
I had scams like this approaching me in the first 3 years I went on my own. I now usually just ignore them or occasionally ask them to supply the voice recording of me agreeing to this verbal contract. You never hear from them again :rolleyes:

One tip I can give and 99% of the time stick to, is that I never answer withheld or private number calls unless I am specifically expecting a call from an organisation who would be withheld.

If it is a genuine customer calling they will leave a voicemail and anyway I also think 'who the hell are you that you think you are so important as to withhold your number?' I'm not that desperate for the work from someone such as this :rolleyes:

i tend to do that during the day now as well. i find i spend all bloody day on the phone and i dont pay attentiopn to what im doing, so i set aside some time in the late afternoon to deal with all the calls and messages left. scammers etc seem to all call around the same sort of times and funnily never leave a message!

Yep, I get these scams all the time. Unfortunately, most of their calls come up as a landline or mobile number these days, so I end up actually having to talk to them to tell them to go and sh1te.

Now have 7 numbers saved in my phone (Charity B4stard 1-7), but they still get through occasionally.

Latest is CMC - pretending to be donating the money "I helped raise" (!?) to various schools. Another recent one claimed to be donating to a leukaemia trust for kids, and when I politely said I wouldn't be involved, knowing full well it was a scam, the response I got was "What? You won't help kids? What sort of person doesn't want to help sick kids? You signed up - You owe us...." etc...

Absolutely disgraceful activity. Would be good to get as much info on them as possible and see if we can turn the tables!

one of the fire service ones is a liverpool based company called centurion something tried to rope me in about 6 years ago never take any advertising from anyone outside of area Yell being the only exception and even they are getting too b***dy expensive :evil:

Agreed, Yell.com and pages are incredibly expensive. Yet to prove that it's value for money.

Was quoted over £2000 by one Yellow pages rep for placement in 2 editions. Said no, then got a call back a couple of months later and they offered one edition for £480... Still steep.

corgiman said:

the scum
A well known scam. Other tragets include a diary for the police or ambulance or things involving hospitals.
These scousers are well known for it.

Sponsored Links
Back